Vallabh Vidyanagar, named after the late Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel -- the 'Iron Man of India' -- has over the last fifty years been developed into a well-known seat of learning. The educational township, established in 1946, today provides pre-primary to postgraduate education. The presence of Sardar Patel University, here has boosted the pace of progress of educational activities.
On this campus, more than twenty thousand students pursue academic programmes in many different disciplines. Several gardens, tree-lined avenues, a huge playground in the heart of the township, and a rural environment enliven academic activities on the campus.
Shri Gordhanbhai Hathibhai Patel, an eminent philanthropist of Gujarat, made a generous donation of Rs. Three Crores for the new college. In honour of this magnanimous gesture, the college has been named G H Patel College of Engineering and Technology, or GCET.
A plot measuring over 1,80,000 square feet has been allocated for constructing the main college building with a total built-up area of about 2,00,000 square feet.
Toimpart quality education in Information Technology and enable learners to copewith global challenges to build professional career benefitting the sustainablegrowth of an individual and the society at large.