The following guidelines are applicable for seeking transfer within GTU affiliated Self-Financed institutes (SFI).
These guidelines shall come into effect from the date of its publication.
Guidelines of Institute Transfer:
- Guidelines for Transfer (Migration) from GTU to any other University:
Any student enrolled at any GTU affiliated SFI institution/college seeking transfer (migration) to any other University will have to follow the process stated at http://www.gtu.ac.in/ImpCircular/Student_Application_Form_Instruction.pdf and submit the required documents.
- Guidelines for Transfer (Migration) from any other University to GTU:
- The students can apply for transfer from any other University to any GTU affiliated SFI in 3rd & 5th semester only for undergraduate programmes, and in 3rd semester for MBA and MCA programme.
- A student can apply for transfer (Migration) from any other University to GTU when the Online Portal is opened for accepting applications for institute transfer (http://www.gtu.ac.in/university_transfer.asp).
- Last date for filling the details on the Online Portal shall be 30th June, 2016.
- The transfer (Migration) from any other University to GTU shall be granted to those eligible students who have applied through the Online Portal only. Any application submitted without applying through the Online Portal, will be summarily rejected.
- The transfer (Migration) from any other University to GTU will be announced by means of a Circular on the GTU website before the commencement of the next semester.
- The University Transfer shall be offered to all the programs except the Master of Engineering (M.E) and Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) programmes.
- No requests for change of branches/disciplines will be considered. Such applications, if received, will be summarily rejected without any intimation.
- Applications under this category will be considered only if half of the respective course credits will be earned at any GTU affiliated SFI (i.e. any applicant may apply for transfer from any other University to GTU(in any affiliated SFI) wherein s/he would earn minimum 50% of total Credits of the respective course from GTU.
- For transfer from any other University to any GTU affiliated SFI, the applicant must have cleared/passed all the subjects in all semesters at the parent/original University (i.e. if the applicant has any backlog and/or detention in any subject and/or semester at his/her parent Institution/University, s/he will not be eligible for getting transfer). Such applications, if received, will be summarily rejected without any intimation.
- The syllabus of all the subjects of all the previous semesters of both the Universities shall be evaluated for equivalence. If the syllabus is found to be equivalent at acceptable level then only the application will be further processed.
- The transfer of any student from any University to any of GTU affiliated Institute/College (SFI) will as per the norms stated by the respective statutory councils (E.g.: Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Council of Architecture (COA), etc.). Hence, the transfer process will strictly follow the respective Statutory Council’s Norms prevailing from time to time. E.g.: Any Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) Student of any Institution/University shall be granted the transfer only in the GTU affiliated institutes/colleges (SFI) having the approval of Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). Also the B. Pharm. Students, studying in the Institution/University having no approval of PCI, will not be eligible to get transfer in any of GTU affiliated Institute/College (SFI).Such applications, if received, will be summarily rejected without any intimation.
List of Documents to be submitted by the Applicant Student seeking transfer from any other Institution / University to GTU (in any affiliated SFI):
- Self-attested hand written application
- Self-attested photo copy of Grade Cards/Mark Sheets of all appeared and cleared examination attended by the applicant student at his/her parent/original University
- Photo copy of the Teaching Scheme and Syllabus of all the studied subjects and semesters of the parent/original University, duly endorsed by the competent authority.
- No Objection Certificates duly issued by the parent/original University and the Transferring SFI affiliated with the GTU.
- Copy of extension of approval of the respective programme for the institute from AICTE and PCI or COA (wherever applicable)
- Copy of letter of approval from UGC, for the respective university
- Original Migration Certificate duly issued by the parent/original University (After receiving the eligibility certificate from GTU).
Any application found incomplete (i.e. without the above mentioned documents shall be considered as rejected at the time of applying only.)
List of Documents to be submitted by the Institute/College (SFI) to the University:
- The detail table stating status of available vacant seat branch-wise and semester wise at your Institute/College.
- Copy of Declaration, if any, stating the seats submitted for D2D admissions to the respective Admission Committee for the upcoming Academic Year.
- Original Joining Report of every individual transferred student.
- New Enrollment Form of every individual transferred student.
- Bank Challan of the Enrollment Fees of all transferred student
- Letter of undertaking by Principal/ Head of SFI regarding strict adherence to the institute/college transfer rules and the sanctioned intake.