The Government of Gujarat, in the Legislative Assembly has passed an act, Act No.2 of 2008 called “Gujarat Professional Technical Educational Colleges or Institutions (Regulation of Admission and Fixation of Fees) Act, 2007”
to make special provision for regulation of admission in the professional technical education colleges or institutions in the State and fixation of fees in such colleges or institutions and for matter connected therewith. As per the powers conferred to State Government, in Section 20(1) of the said Act, the Government of Gujarat, Education Department by way of a notification had constituted two different Committees called “Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)”
to regulate the admission of candidates to the professional degree courses respectively. The mission assigned to these Committees is to carry out the counseling process in a fair and transparent manner. The admission process is conducted by these Committees strictly on the basis of merit and the preference of the candidate.
The functions of the Committee are as follows:
- The Committee shall supervise, monitor and control the entire process of admission to the candidates seeking admissions to the professional educational colleges or institutions.
- The Committee shall prepare the merit list in accordance with the provisions of the acts and the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall allocate the Government Seats and the Management Seats in accordance with the provisions of the acts and the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall ensure that admission in the Government Seats and the Management Seats are made as per the merit list prepared and that no candidate is admitted against the Management seats unless his name appears in the merit list.
- The Committee shall perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the Government
Member Secretary Admission Committee for Professional Courses
L. D. College of Engg. Campus
Ahmedabad - 380015
Go to Official Website